Mountain Home VA Healthcare System
- Monday - Friday, 7:00 am - 5:00 pm
- Saturday 8:00 am - 4:30 pm (Clinic is closed on Saturdays preceding a Monday federal holiday)
- Sunday, CLOSED
The William C. Tallent Outpatient Clinic in Knoxville, Tennessee, provides health care to veterans and entry into the VA health care system. Please note there are no emergency services at this location. The clinic examines, evaluates, and provides treatment to eligible veterans. Although designated for outpatient services only, referrals are made to an appropriate medical center when specialists or hospitalization is medically indicated.
William C. Tallent Outpatient Clinic Features
- Primary care, optometry, mental health, radiology, laboratory and clinical pharmacy consultative services for veterans in the Knoxville area.
- Women’s Primary Care and Gender Specific Exams.
- Additional Services include Social Work, Dietetic Consultation, Prosthetics and a nurse managed diabetes clinic.
- Personal Care: Highly qualified primary care providers, specialty care referrals to the Mountain Home VA Medical Center.
- Examination rooms are equipped with computer terminals that directly interface with the computer system at the Mountain Home VA Medical Center which places important medical information at the fingertips of the providers. In addition, Veterans are referred to the Mountain Home VAMC or other VA sites of care for specialty or inpatient care, their electronic medical record from the clinic will be immediately accessible by providers there.
- Prescriptions: Routine prescriptions processed through the mail or the My HealtheVet website.
- Clinical Video Telehealth (CVT)
- If you have not previously received care at the VA Medical Center, you will need to apply for services. For more information about applying online, please refer to our Eligibility and Enrollment page, or you may call the James H. Quillen VA Medical Center Business Office at 1.888.736.2825 and request an application be mailed to you.
- If you are currently a patient and want to see if you are eligible to have your care transferred to the Knoxville Outpatient Clinic, please call 877-573-3529, extension 2123.
Patient Advocate:Jerome (Jey) Rhodes
Phone: 865-670-2372 x4136
Free on Premises
William C. Tallent Outpatient Clinic Annex
Address and Phone Number
1557 Downtown West Blvd
Knoxville, Tennessee 37919
- Compensation and Pension (C&P) examinations which includes medical, mental health and audiology
- Business Office functions
Free on premises