Mountain Home VA Healthcare System
Travel Reimbursement Electronic Funds Transfer (EFT) Frequently Asked Questions
1. Why are you changing direct deposit?
To comply with the US Treasury final rule, which requires recipients of federal benefit and nontax payments to receive their payments by electronic funds transfer (EFT). (This rule includes Veterans who receive travel reimbursement.)
2. Have the eligibility requirements changed to receive travel pay?
No. The eligibility criteria remain the same.
3. Will I be able to get cash reimbursement?
James H. Quillen VAMC will no longer issue cash payments for mileage reimbursement. Instead, we will reimburse eligible Veterans by Electronic Funds Transfer (EFT) directly into their bank accounts.This form is available in all clinics, at the Cashier’s Office, and online at EFT Enrollment Form (SF 3381).
4. Where do I get the electronic deposit form?
This form is available in all clinics, at the Cashier’s Office, and online at EFT Enrollment Form (SF 3381).
5. How do I submit my completed electronic deposit form?
Mail back to: VA Medical Center, Finance (04C), PO Box 4000 Mountain Home, TN 37684
6. Can I submit the electronic deposit form by fax?
7. When will I receive my payment?
A veteran should receive his or her payment within 14 days of submitting a travel voucher to the travel office.
8. Where will my payment come from?
Your payment will come from the United States Treasury.
9. How long do I have to submit my travel voucher and claim travel reimbursement?
You have 30 days from the date of your visit to submit your claim.
10. What if I do not have a permanent address?
Travel reimbursements are intended to assist Veterans from their place of residence to the VA health care facility that can provide the needed care. This requires a permanent address.
11. What do I do if I change banks or home address?
Complete and submit a new electronic deposit form as soon as possible. (See questions 4 and 5 above.)
12. What if I need assistance to get home the day of my visit?
The social work office may be able to offer other types of transportation assistance. If you are provided a bus pass or taxi ride home at VA expense, you will not receive travel reimbursement for the same day.
13. Whom do I contact if I have questions?
For travel questions, contact the Travel office at 423-926-1171 ext 7520.