Mountain Home VA Healthcare System
Women who have served in the Armed Forces are eligible for a variety of Veterans benefits. VA actively encourages women to utilize the benefits due them.
The James H. Quillen VAMC Mountain Home Women's Health Program targets programs and facilities to provide comprehensive primary care and gender specific services for women Veterans.
Health Services Offered
VAMC Mountain Home services for women include
- Comprehensive Primary Care
- Preventive Health Exams (Pap Smears, Breast Exams)
- Birth Control
- Osteoporosis Screening
- Wellness and Healthy Living Counseling
- Nutrition and Weight Management
- Smoking Cessation Program
- Sexual Trauma Screening & Referral
Patients will be referred to other VA facilities or to the community for any service not available at VAMC Mountain Home.
Mental health services, including treatment for post traumatic stress disorder, are also available for women. Referral for substance abuse treatment is available as well.
For Women Veterans, VA is Here
VA welcomes women Veterans. We are committed to providing high-quality services in a sensitive and safe environment at all VA facilities. Women Veteran Program Managers are available at each VA medical center to assist women Veterans with questions and coordinate services (see contact information on this page).
Each woman Veteran is assigned a Women’s Health Primary Care Provider. These experienced providers are trained to deliver comprehensive primary care, as well as routine women’s health care. You will be at the center of a Patient Aligned Care Team (PACT) where a provider, nurse, and others will work with you to manage your health care:
- Primary care: general medical care for acute and chronic conditions, such as chronic pain, high blood pressure, and diabetes
- Preventive care: immunizations and cancer screenings (breast and cervical), osteoporosis screening and management
- Gender-specific care
- Birth control, family planning, and preconception counseling
Learn more about the gender-specific services VA has to offer
- Women Veterans Health Care
- Health and Wellness
- Maternity Care
- Military Sexual Trauma
Women Veterans Call Center
The Women Veterans Call Center provides women Veterans information about VA services and resources, benefits, and eligibility. The toll-free line is available Monday through Friday 8:00 a.m.–10:00 p.m. ET and on Saturdays 8:00 a.m.–6:30 p.m. ET. Please see our Women Veterans Call Center website or call 855-VA-WOMEN (855-829-6636). Call, chat, or text are all available.